Charles Pearson Associates provides a range of services to hospitals and health systems
throughout the United States. Specific capabilities are concentrated in the following technical
- Conducting focused operations analyses of hospital-based physicians' services in
anesthesiology, emergency medical services, pathology, radiology as well as hospital
medicine and critical care medicine for the purpose of determining appropriate
physician productivity, staffing, and compensation levels;
- Determining an institution's specific needs for numbers and types of physicians
with medical administrative responsibilities (e.g., Chiefs of Services, Departmental,
and/or Program Medical Directors) as well as their appropriate staffing and compensation
- Conducting Fair Market Value Analyses of physicians' services. This includes
clinicians in any specialty as well as physicians serving in various medical director roles;
- Determining the relative need for subsidizing individual physicians or physician
- Developing and assisting in the implementation of a Performance Accountability System
for contracted or employed physicians including:
- Redefining roles, responsibilities and accountability/reporting relationships of
physicians and those with medical administrative responsibilities and incorporating
them into formal position descriptions;
- Developing performance standards and criteria for the above-referenced positions;
- Developing performance review systems for the various medical administrative positions;
- Recommending and/or developing physician compensation systems including incentive compensation programs where warranted;
- Assisting in revising and/or developing model written agreements with physicians and developing a process for timely monitoring and updating of these agreements.
- Developing legal, cost-effective and politically feasible strategies, policies and compensation
models for call-coverage of the emergency department;
- Determining appropriate and cost-effective clinical and staffing models for hospitalists'
and/or intensivists' services;
- Developing Physician Manpower Plans for all clinical specialities;
- Serving as the hospital's agent or providing background support in negotiating physician
- Conducting regional and national surveys of pathologists' Part A compensation paid by
- Conducting organizational, environmental, and cost/benefit analyses of Graduate Medical
Education (Residency Training) programs and assisting in adapting them to the strategic
objectives of their sponsoring hospitals as well as current funding realities.
Please contact me personally to learn how we can improve the overall operating effectiveness
of your organization's physician services.